What is Mercedes-Benz Performance Tuning?
Performance tuning is a way to enhance the driving performance and overall looks of your Mercedes-Benz model via aftermarket parts and upgrades, but you have to be very careful about getting the correct parts for your vehicle, as certain modifications could void parts of your warranty. Review our guide to performance tuning below, and be sure to consult your owner’s manual of your local authorized Mercedes-Benz retailer near Sussex before proceeding.
What Are My Mercedes-Benz Performance Tuning Options?
ECU Remapping & Performance Chips
You can have your Electronic Control Unit “remapped”, which adjusts the electronic parameters used to control fuel and air intake into the engine. The parameters can be adjusted by uploading a new map to the software, or you can have a custom map designed for your specific Mercedes-Benz vehicle. Performance chips are a similar idea, and both these methods can deliver improved torque and fuel economy, faster speeds and acceleration, and smoother handling on Hackettstown roads.
Some additional performance upgrades and accessories that drivers can purchase include:
- Exhaust Sounds: Upgrade your exhaust system to emit a specific sporty sound, with names like “Earthquake” and “Daytona”.
- Suspension: You can alter the suspension on your vehicle if you want to alter handling or optimize your Mercedes-Benz SUV for off-roading adventures
- Interior: Get ultimate racing style with speedometers with increased range, leather dashboards, and more.
- Exterior: Turn heads in Hamburg with spoiler upgrades, grill upgrades, fin antenna attachments, and original Mercedes-Benz hood ornaments.
- Headlights: You can upgrade your Halogen projector lights or LEDs, and you can even get black headlights. Just make sure whatever modifications you make are street-legal!
What is Mercedes-Benz AMG® Performance?
Mercedes-Benz AMG® models offer heightened performance without having to worry about aftermarket parts, with hand-crafted engines and racetrack-inspired design. AMG® performance is available with select trims on the following models:
- Sedans, Wagons, & Convertibles: C-Class, E-Class, and S-Class
- Roadsters: SLC Roadster, SL Roadster, and Mercedes-AMG® GT
- Coupes: CLA, C-Class, E-Class, CLS, and S-Class
- SUVs: GLA, GLC, GLE, GLS, and G-Class
What Are Mercedes-Benz Performance Parts?
If you aren’t shopping for an AMG® model, genuine OEM parts and accessories can enhance your performance without the hassle of performance tuning. Mercedes-Benz accessories that you can opt for on your next vehicle can include the following:
- Metal sport pedals and steering wheels with luxe materials
- Sport seats with bolsters for more cornering support
- Brake calipers and performance tires
Rely on Mercedes-Benz of Newton for Your Service Needs
If you want to repair or upgrade your Mercedes-Benz, our certified technicians at the Mercedes-Benz of Newton service center can help. Schedule an appointment near Vernon today!
More from Mercedes-Benz of Newton
The 2020 Mercedes-Benz E-Class interior is in a category of its own. Between the natural elements, luxurious comfort features, and best-in-class technologies, the new Mercedes-Benz E-Class sedan interior outshines the competition. Learn more about the Mercedes-Benz E-Class dimensions and standard features before visiting our Hamburg area showroom for a test drive. View New E-Class Sedan…
The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLB has gathered up quite a fan base around the world for its sporty performance and bold style, and drivers from Sussex to Hackettstown have been wondering, “Just what is the 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLB price?” Let’s walk through the Mercedes-Benz GLB prices and models to see which is right for you in…
The new Mercedes-Benz GLC is a stylish, high-performance coupe that is catching the eye of many drivers looking to improve their Newton commute. This SUV has also been designed for optimal comfort, with room for your family and your cargo. Below, Mercedes-Benz of Newton has gathered all the vital details about the Mercedes-Benz GLC cargo space and…