What is Mercedes-Benz Performance Tuning?
Performance tuning is a way to enhance the driving performance and overall looks of your Mercedes-Benz model via aftermarket parts and upgrades, but you have to be very careful about getting the correct parts for your vehicle, as certain modifications could void parts of your warranty. Review our guide to performance tuning below, and be sure to consult your owner’s manual of your local authorized Mercedes-Benz retailer near Sussex before proceeding.
What Are My Mercedes-Benz Performance Tuning Options?
ECU Remapping & Performance Chips
You can have your Electronic Control Unit “remapped”, which adjusts the electronic parameters used to control fuel and air intake into the engine. The parameters can be adjusted by uploading a new map to the software, or you can have a custom map designed for your specific Mercedes-Benz vehicle. Performance chips are a similar idea, and both these methods can deliver improved torque and fuel economy, faster speeds and acceleration, and smoother handling on Hackettstown roads.
Some additional performance upgrades and accessories that drivers can purchase include:
- Exhaust Sounds: Upgrade your exhaust system to emit a specific sporty sound, with names like “Earthquake” and “Daytona”.
- Suspension: You can alter the suspension on your vehicle if you want to alter handling or optimize your Mercedes-Benz SUV for off-roading adventures
- Interior: Get ultimate racing style with speedometers with increased range, leather dashboards, and more.
- Exterior: Turn heads in Hamburg with spoiler upgrades, grill upgrades, fin antenna attachments, and original Mercedes-Benz hood ornaments.
- Headlights: You can upgrade your Halogen projector lights or LEDs, and you can even get black headlights. Just make sure whatever modifications you make are street-legal!
What is Mercedes-Benz AMG® Performance?
Mercedes-Benz AMG® models offer heightened performance without having to worry about aftermarket parts, with hand-crafted engines and racetrack-inspired design. AMG® performance is available with select trims on the following models:
- Sedans, Wagons, & Convertibles: C-Class, E-Class, and S-Class
- Roadsters: SLC Roadster, SL Roadster, and Mercedes-AMG® GT
- Coupes: CLA, C-Class, E-Class, CLS, and S-Class
- SUVs: GLA, GLC, GLE, GLS, and G-Class
What Are Mercedes-Benz Performance Parts?
If you aren’t shopping for an AMG® model, genuine OEM parts and accessories can enhance your performance without the hassle of performance tuning. Mercedes-Benz accessories that you can opt for on your next vehicle can include the following:
- Metal sport pedals and steering wheels with luxe materials
- Sport seats with bolsters for more cornering support
- Brake calipers and performance tires
Rely on Mercedes-Benz of Newton for Your Service Needs
If you want to repair or upgrade your Mercedes-Benz, our certified technicians at the Mercedes-Benz of Newton service center can help. Schedule an appointment near Vernon today!
More from Mercedes-Benz of Newton
The 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLS is a full-size SUV that sets the standard for power, luxury, and comfort for Sussex drivers. The base model Mercedes-Benz GLS starts at $70,150 MSRP*, and comes loaded with a variety of features and technologies to enhance your Hackettstown commute. Learn more with our GLS price and features guide for each…
For Newton businesses on the go, there are few options better than the 2019 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter for sale at Mercedes-Benz of Newton. These vehicles are versatile, powerful, and easily customizable, making them an all-around winner in our book. Read on to explore the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter dimensions, then decide which of these capable vehicles will take you and…
Looking for a vehicle that seats 5 to 7 or a model with updated features? The Mercedes-Benz GLE offers various trim options in both SUV and coupe body styles, so Sussex families can find the right model that meets their needs easily. If you’re interested in a new GLE, you’ve probably wondered about the price….