2018 Mercedes-Benz E-Class
2018 Mercedes-Benz E-Class vs. 2018 BMW 5 Series
Luxury sedans that truly deserve the luxury namesake are hard to come by, which is why the 2018 Mercedes-Benz E-Class and the 2018 BMW 5 Series stand apart. By comparing the two, though, you’ll find that the E-Class:
- Churns out 15 more lb-ft of torque with its introductory engine, 22 more lb-ft of torque with its secondary engine, and a whopping 147 more hp and 147 more lb-ft of torque with its strongest engine
- Achieves superior fuel economy returns from its V8 engine, at an EPA-estimated 19 mpg city as compared with 16 mpg city from the BMW
- Promises innovative safety systems unavailable in competitor models, such as PRESAFE® Sound, which prepares your ears for the sounds of a collision, and PRESAFE® Impulse Side, which can detect an imminent collision and inflate the inside of the front outboard seat bolsters
Both the 2018 Mercedes-Benz E-Class and the 2018 BMW 5 Series start their lineups off with a turbocharged 2.0L inline-4 engine
. However, The Mercedes-Benz sedan promises 272 lb-ft of torque
via a nine-speed automatic transmission
, whereas the BMW car musters just 258 lb-ft of torque via an eight-speed automatic transmission.Next in the lineup is a 3.0L V6 biturbo
on the E-Class and a 3.0L inline-6 engine on the 5 Series, which produce 354 lb-ft of torque
and 332 lb-ft of torque, respectively. At the top of the lineup, the Mercedes-Benz E-Class offers an AMG® 4.0L V8 biturbo engine
, muscling out 603 hp and 627 lb-ft of torque
, as compared with the BMW 5 Series’ 4.4L V8 engine managing just 456 hp and 480 lb-ft of torque.
From the start, the 2018 Mercedes-Benz E-Class offers access to a variety of luxuries that are unavailable or cost more on the 2018 BMW 5 Series, such as:
- Front power lumbar support with a massage feature
- Front dual power headrests
By the time you reach the topmost Mercedes-Benz AMG® E 63 S model, you’ll get heated and cooled seats as standard, which remain optional at the top of the BMW 5 Series lineup.
Finance the 2018 Mercedes-Benz E-Class at Mercedes-Benz of Newton, Inc.
Contact the team at Mercedes-Benz of Newton, Inc. to schedule a test drive of the 2018 Mercedes-Benz E-Class and to learn about your financing options! Learn about how the C-Class compares to luxury models, including the Audi A6.