How Does Trading a Car Work?
How does trading a car work? Whether you’re looking to buy or lease a new Mercedes-Benz, it’s important to know what it means to trade in your current vehicle. Learn about the process with Mercedes-Benz of Newton in Newton!
Steps to Take Before a Car Trade-In
Before you trade in your car, make sure you have done the following:
- Prep your car: Make sure it’s clean and that any pressing repairs have been handled.
- Do your research: Check on how much your car is worth to maximize your trade-in value.
- Gather the necessary documents: These include the car’s title if you have it and loan information if you don’t, along with accessories like extra key fobs.
Time for the Trade
When you bring your car to the dealership to make the trade, you can expect the following to take place:
- An associate will conduct a visual inspection, take down the vehicle identification number, and run a vehicle history check.
- The Service Department will likely check your vehicle’s condition.
- A trade-in offer will be made. This depends largely on the price being sought for similar vehicles, as well as whether the dealer already has similar cars on the lot, your vehicle’s condition, and whether any additional repairs need to be made.
Shop for New or Used Models at Mercedes-Benz of Newton
Whether you settle on a model from the new Mercedes-Benz inventory or prefer to save with a vehicle from our used selection, you can find exactly what you’re looking for at Mercedes-Benz of Newton near Hackettstown! Getting ready for a road trip? Check out our recommended vehicle maintenance checklist to ensure you have a safe trip.